- Symptoms of Hemorrhoids During Pregnancy
- Treatment of Hemorrhoids During Pregnancy
- Complex of Exercises For Treatment of Hemorrhoids During Pregnant Women
- Phytotherapy Effective Against Hemorrhoids For Pregnant Women
Best Way to Treat Hemorrhoids During Pregnancy
Hemorrhoids - is a disease, which is connected with inflammation and pathological widening of haemorrhoidal veins forming clots around the rectum. This is a very frequent disease, it usually caused by congestion of venous blood in the lower part of a body and in legs. Development of hemorrhoids goes gradually - at the beginning there is heaviness and itch in the area of anus, pain, constipations, later - there is bleeding, sagging and prolapsus of elastic haemorrhoidal clots.
Factors which can cause hemorroids are inactive way of life, improper nutrition, obesity, abuse of alcohol, cirrhosis.
This illness often accompanies the pregnancy - about half of pregnant women suffer from this illness. To the main reasons of hemorrhoids during pregnancy are usually added pressure of the increasing uterus upon the bottom of the belly, which squeezes veins, and constipations caused by low physical activity of intestines.
Healthy women experience hemorrhoids in the second half of pregnancy, but in case if there is a hereditary predisposition, or if symptoms of hemorrhoids have appeared before the pregnancy, then hemorrhoids can appear also in earlier term - even from the 12th week.
Symptoms of Hemorrhoids During Pregnancy
Hemorrhoids during pregnancy can proceed in two forms - acute and chronic. Acute one is characterized by formation of a blood clot in rectum veins that causes burning pains, especially after bowel movement. Thick external clots appear diameter of which can be about 2-3 cm, skin under them becomes swollen and turns red.
In 5-10 days the acute form turns into chronic - clots become softened and swell only at a straining during bowel movements. Process is accompanied by uncomfortable feelings in the anus and itch.
Blood appears in faecal masses, sometimes in quite large amount, haemorrhoidal clots can drop out of anus, and they reduce independently in some time. There can be no pain at the same time, there can be a feeling of incomplete bowel movement, discomfort, an abdominal swelling. Walking and sitting become painful.
Treatment of Hemorrhoids During Pregnancy
The main methods of treatment of not acute hemorrhoids during pregnancy are strict diet and rules of hygiene. The diet prescribed by the dietitian must help to avoid constipations and regulate bowel movements - dried fruits, nuts, cereals and milk products are recommended for these. You should exclude spicy food, short products, and strong tea.
It is recommended to use humid toilet paper, to wash anus after a defecation for hygienic procedures. If external clots have appeared you should take small baths with chamomile or weak manganese solution.
To reduce stagnation of blood, it is necessary to do preventive gymnastics - its main exercises have to be directed to stimulation of muscles of a pelvis, anus and legs. Besides, it is necessary to regulate a daily timetable - to make walks on foot, combining them with medium rest and sleep.
If these measures don't bring desirable result, it is possible to use medicines – suppositories, ointments, creams. However remember that any medical treatment has to be coordinated with the gynecologist – elf-treatment and taking medicine during pregnancy without doctor’s prescription is impossible.
If the conservative treatment is not effective the surgery can be required, but usually during pregnancy this surgery is done only in the last resort, under careful control of the proctologist and surgeon. Usually, if there is a need of surgical operation, it is usually postponed till the postnatal period.
After the labor, during the first two months, hemorrhoids can continue to disturb, but usually - if the lifestyle is back to normal and the physical activity increases - it disappears. Nevertheless, you shouldn't forget about hemorrhoids during pregnancy - when the first signs appear you should consult your doctor. It will help to avoid complications, to reduce uncomfortable feelings, and also to distinguish a disease from others which have the same symptoms (anal fissure, tumors), but demanding different treatment.
Complex of Exercises For Treatment of Hemorrhoids During Pregnant Women
- Starting position (s.p.) - standing, extend hands in front of yourself; legs are shoulder-width apart. Do the torso rotation to the right, without tearing off feet from the floor and taking away the right hand as much as possible to the back – make a breath. Return to a starting position - exhale, do the rotation to the left. Repeat it 5 times to every side.
- S.p. – standing, arms raised in front of you, wrist-lock grip. Do the turning of the torso to the right and to the left, taking away the hands as much as possible to the back. Repeat the exercise 5 times to each side.
- S.p. – sitting on the floor, setting your hands behind. Bend your legs in knees; do not tear off the heels from the floor doing this. Extend the legs slowly. Repeat 5 times.
- S.p. – sitting, pull legs apart as much as possible, at the same time legs must be tightly pressed to the floor, do not bend the knees if it is possible. Bend over and as touch in turn the right and left foot with the hands as far as possible, then stand up straight. Repeat bending 5-7 times (it is recommended only for the first and second trimesters).
- S.p. – the same sitting position as in the previous exercise, but now you should do bows side; the opposite hand must be at hips. Repeat the exercise 5 times to each side (it is recommended only for the first and the second trimesters).
- S.p. – lying on the back, hands along a body. Pull your bended in knees legs to the belly and return to a starting position (it is recommended only for the first and the second trimesters). Repeat 7-10 times.
- S.p. – lying on the right side, right arm bended in elbow and is lying under the head. Bend your left leg in knee and press it to your belly, you can help with your left hand. Repeat 7-10 times. Then do the same exercise on the left side (it is recommended only for the first and the second trimesters).
- S.p. – sitting on the chair. Extend the right hand aside, the left leg bended in knee raise forward and to the left, trying to lead it to a side surface of your belly, helping yourself with the left hand - an exhale. Return to a starting position - a breath. Repeat 5 times for each leg. It is recommended for the third trimester.
Phytotherapy Effective Against Hemorrhoids For Pregnant Women
Medicine to be taken:
- Brew with a glass of boiling water not full tablespoon of ground medicinal lungwort and wait for half an hour. Filter and take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day before eating.
For local usage:
- To reduce the size of the haemorrhoidal clots, and also to get rid of uncomfortable feelings cold packs will help. It is necessary to put cold wet pad to the anus for 1-2 minutes (the wide bandage put together several times, etc.). If you can try to repeat the procedure 3-4 times a day.
- For washing before going to bed or after bowel movements you can use infusions of chamomile, flowers of pot marigold, flowers sprouts of common Saint-John's-wort, flowers of cow clover, flowers of cranberry tree, and each herb should be made separately. These infusions can be used both in various stages of disease development, and for prevention of hemorrhoids.
For sitting baths:
- Mix equally flowers of chamomile, great nettle, leaves of common plantain. For bath preparation you need 20 g of herbs fill up with 2 liters of boiled water, infuse in heat (in a thermos) for 2 hours, filter, dilute with warm water to the total amount of 4-5 liters. Water in a ready bath has to be hot, but not burning. Duration of each procedure is about 5-7 minutes; you should take baths daily for 10-12 days. Hot bathtubs, especially sitting, are contraindicated if you uterus tone is increased and other “warning” obstetrical states.
Attention! Herbs can't be used if you have an allergic reaction to them or if you suffer pollen allergy in general (an allergy to plants pollen). There are some other diseases excluding usage of certain plants. Therefore if you want to use medical herbs, you should consult the doctor beforehand. It should be noted that usage of medical herbs doesn't replace traditional methods of treatment.