Coconut Water in Pregnancy
In tropical countries where delicious coconuts grow at every turn, the doctors often recommend to pregnant women at least a glass of coconut water daily. Coconut water helps to support health of mother and her growing fetus due to a lot of nutrients important for the organism.
Coconut water is known as the richest source of electrolytes. Therefore it is recommended to people with any diseases. It contains a large amount of potassium and magnesium, chlorides, sodium and proteins, and moderate amount of sugar. Potassium which is in drinking coconut water normalizes arterial pressure and heart work. Besides that, this drink is effective natural source of fibre, Riboflavinum and vitamin C, just as of calcium and manganese.
Whether Coconut Water is Useful During Pregnancy?
- Coconut water is natural isotonic drink which helps to prevent dehydration and exhaustion.
- Coconut water is unique due to its nutritious features (it is more nutritious, than whole milk). And at the same time it doesn't contain cholesterol. Therefore consumption of this drink helps to keep cholesterol level under control.
- Coconut water is rich in lauric acid, has antibacterial, antiviral and antimicotic properties. It strengthens immune system of mother and her growing fetus, prevents development of infections of flu, HIV, herpes, etc.
- Coconut water helps to prevent and treat heartburn. It is effective in purification of digestive tract and in disposal of worms. This drink helps pregnant women to get rid of constipations and heartburn at all.
- Quite often pregnant women suffer from urinary tract infections. Being a natural diuretic, coconut water enlarges urinary frequency, brings toxins out of the organism easily and by that prevents development of infections of urinary tract.
- Coconut water is a natural and safe source of the correct hydration of the organism, and it also improves digestion.
- Coconut water is light drink and it can help in weight-reduction. Thus, one cup of coconut water contains only 46 calories.
The advantages of coconut water during pregnancy are well-known, but there aren't enough researches conducted on this subject. When you are pregnant or nursing your baby it is important not to do yourself and the child any harm. To chose any products, including coconut water for your diet safely, consult with your doctor. Besides, it is necessary to buy only fresh and delicate coconuts to receive the freshest and high-quality water. Consume coconut water in moderate quantity and in case of any side effects stop using and see the doctor at once.