- Causes Of Hives During Pregnancy
- Symptoms, Features And Diagnostics Of Hives During
- Treatment Of Hives During Pregnancy
- Prevention Of Hives During Pregnancy
Gestation is one of the happiest but at the same time the most important periods in woman’s life. During this period, pregnant woman experiences new, not always pleasant changes, which were unknown to her before. Deep changes happen in future mother’s body: they affect not only hormones, but also her attitude and taste preferences. Change of the hormonal balance affects sexual sphere along with other systems of a body. Immunity also lowers during this time, which may lead to hives during pregnancy.
Causes Of Hives During Pregnancy
The most favorite products that could be eaten without consequences before, now can unexpectedly turn into allergens, causing food allergy. Your own pets can cause allergy too. Many cosmetic products, which were previously used without any warnings, now can trigger allergy. Even household chemicals can cause hives during pregnancy, though it is hard to imagine our daily routine without usage of them.
Symptoms, Features And Diagnostics Of Hives During
Pregnancy often affects the condition of woman’s skin not in the best way. However, hives cause particular discomfort to future mother. How one is able to recognize this disease and to not confuse it with dermatitis, for example?
The most commons symptoms of hives during pregnancy are the following:
- woman starts having rashes on her abdomen, which look like nettle burns. The rashes spread further later, affecting other body parts and even the face;
- blisters appear: they cause intolerable itching and scratching them doesn’t bring any relief;
- woman starts feeling more nervous and suffers from insomnia.
It is obvious that this disease brings a lot of discomfort to a pregnant woman. She suffers herself and worries about whether disease will affect baby’s health or not. Luckily, it is possible to treat hives during pregnancy without affecting future baby’s health.
Despite the fact that the hives themselves aren’t dangerous both to mother’s and baby’s health, this disease still has to be treated. You should contact dermatologist as soon as possible: only this doctor is able to run a series of tests and to diagnose hives in pregnant woman (as this disease has the same symptoms as rubella, chicken pox and measles).
Treatment Of Hives During Pregnancy
After a doctor diagnoses hives, they prescribe a treatment. Such treatment mostly consist of removing the causes of allergy. To do so, they prescribe antihistamines: such medicine has to be taken strictly according to the prescribe dosage, otherwise it can cause negative consequences for the fetus.
Some dietary restrictions also need to be made: a pregnant mother should consume less salt, avoid products containing preservatives and, of course, completely remove the products that were the reasons of allergy.
How To Treat Hives During Pregnancy With The Help Of Organic Recipes
Folk medicine has many recipes for treating hives during pregnancy. All these recipes can be used without any fear.
Bath with liquor made from elderberry and nettle leaves
- Take an equal amount of elderberry and nettle leaves and make liquor out of them.
- Leave it for an hour, then strain.
- Fill a bath with water (its temperature shouldn’t exceed 37 degrees) and add 1 liter of a liquor.
- Take this bath for 20 minutes before going to bed.
- Take 1 tablespoon of mint herb and put it into 150 ml of boiling water.
- Leave it for an hour, then strain.
- Drink 50 ml of infusion 3 times a day.
Ointment, relieving itching and inflammation
- Crush garlic and evaporate it to half of its volume. Add a few drops of olive oil and wax, then leave it to cool.
- Apply on injured places after cooling.
Prevention Of Hives During Pregnancy
If hives are diagnosed in time, they can be treated well with no consequences to both mother and baby. If you want to prevent hives, you have to lead as healthy lifestyle as possible and treat all comorbidities immediately.
Treating Hives During Pregnancy