- What Sport to Avoid During Pregnancy
- So, Which Exercises And Sports Should Wait?
- What Exercises Should I Avoid During Pregnancy?
What Sport to Avoid During Pregnancy
Despite the fact that summer is a time for outdoor activities, there are activities which future mom should give up. «Of course, pregnancy is not a disease, and it does not mean that you are necessarily going to feel bad, and that you cannot go for a walk, swim and do other things that are pleasing to you before pregnancy.
But still there are some kinds of pastime, which can increase the risk of falling or abdominal trauma. During pregnancy it is necessary to prevent dehydration and overheating», - advises Inesse Campusa. During pregnancy, future mums should avoid any vigorous activity in which you can fall or get abdominal injury.
So, Which Exercises and Sports Should Wait?
- Visiting amusement parks. Water rides, carousel are in the top of unrecommended activities.
- Riding a bike and rollerblading. If you have not ridden the bike for a long time, during pregnancy you should not even start. If you are a professional cyclist, you can ride up to 2nd trimester until the tummy is not large.
- Team Sports. Football, basketball and hockey, are very dangerous games, because you can get a stomach injury or fall, when faced with a companion on the game.
- Skiing. Skiing on a flat surface is acceptable, but the descent from the mountain can lead to serious injuries.
- Exercising with jumping accessories. Increased risk and an opportunity to get abdominal injury.
- Horseback riding. Even if you are professionally engaged in this sport, there is a high risk of falling.
- You cannot bask in the sauna or bath.
- Running. If you before pregnancy have not been an active runner, now it just is not worth starting. As well as other activity. Avoid overheating and drink plenty of water.
- Diving. Diving is absolutely forbidden, because air bubbles might affect the blood stream, which can be dangerous for you and for the child.
- Snowboard. Increased risk and an opportunity to get abdominal injury.
- Surfing. Increased risk and an opportunity to get abdominal injury.
- Tennis. Easy game is allowed, if you were engaged in this before pregnancy. But during pregnancy you may have problems with balance and sudden stop, so be attentive.
- Water skiing. Another type of vigorous activity, with increased risk of falls and injuries to the abdomen.
Physicians advise to stop any kind of vigorous activity if there are the following symptoms:
- difficulty breathing;
- chest pain;
- muscle weakness;
- enhanced discharge from vagina;
- great swelling;
- reduced fetal activity.