Tea Tree Oil in Pregnancy
The body of the expectant mother undergoes changes that affect the general health status. High risks of ARI, ARVI, and fungal infections persist for the whole period of pregnancy; tea tree oil can help to prevent them.
It is difficult to underestimate the beneficial effects that can bring one drop of tea tree essential oil. This dosage can replace mountains of drugs that have many malignant adverse effects and threaten the health of the mother and the baby.
Great amounts of phytoncides containing in tea tree oil are good for inhalations to treat respiratory diseases and can be used as a healing tool. The expectant moms who want to stay beautiful can safely have cosmetic procedures with this oil.
Facials masks and massage will give incredible results, smoothing, moisturizing and nourishing every cell of your skin. This unique substance mixed with child cream is also used to prevent the appearance of stretch marks, which is a very common problem during gestation.
Do not forget about side effects of tea tree oil: it can not only do you good, but also cause an allergy. In case of skin irritation and swelling, you should immediately consult your doctor and abstain from the use of this substance for the whole period of pregnancy.
To exclude the likelihood of allergies before using, apply a small amount of the product on the skin and leave on for 10-15 minutes. If no skin redness, deterioration of the general condition (tongue swelling, difficult breathing, high pulse rate) occurs, you can freely use tea tree oil.
During pregnancy tea tree essential oil can be used in the following cases:
- Baths and footbaths. 3-5 drops of oil added in water can tone up and saturate your skin with all the necessary micronutrients, its vapors destroy germs on mucous membranes. Footbaths are especially effective for varicose veins treatment. They relieve swelling and tone up muscles.
- Mouthwash. In case of purulent inflammatory processes in the mouth, it is recommended to rinse it. Add 2 drops of oil in a glass of water, and then rinse your mouth. You can also use this mouthwash to rinse your throat if necessary. Solution speeds up the regeneration of affected areas, and acts as a strong antiseptic.
- Fungus infection. In case of nail fungus apply compresses or coat them with essential oil.
- Burns compresses. They relieve fever, swelling and promote rapid epithelial cells repair. Aromatic baths are recommended for women who are prone to frequent respiratory diseases.
- Cosmetic use: treatment of skin flaking, seborrhea, demodex mite.
- Inhalation in ORT diseases.
Idiosyncrasy is the only contraindication of tea tree oil use. Patients with chronic respiratory problems such as asthma and tuberculosis should use it with caution.
The most common ways to use oil during pregnancy include:
- inhalation and rinsing;
- baths and footbaths;
- compresses and lotions;
- topical application on the skin.
Essential oil has a pronounced smell, be cautious using it indoors. One drop is quite enough to saturate the room with a pleasant aroma. Buying essential oil pay special attention to its expiry date. It should not exceed five years, after this term oil starts accumulating harmful carcinogenic substances. Before the usage, read the detailed instructions, and consult your doctor.
If you have allergies, first do a skin patch test to eliminate the risk of complications. If you follow all the rules of tea tree essential oil usage, you will forget about viral and infectious diseases. Insect bites, sunburn, varicose veins, pimples and acne will not spoil your pregnancy, the most important period in the life of every woman!