- Reasons for Snoring
- What is the Reason for Snoring During Pregnancy?
- How to Treat Snoring?
- Means that Can Help You Get Rid of Snoring During Pregnancy
How to Stop Snoring During Pregnancy
Everyone may have troubles with sleep. There is nothing unusual about it. However, snoring during pregnancy may be one of the problems that makes your partner wake up earlier than you do. There is some danger in it not only for your relationships, but also for you and your baby.
Reasons for Snoring
Many women, that have never ever snored before the pregnancy, suddenly find out that they start snoring during pregnancy.
In some cases, it occurs on the early stages of pregnancy, however, in the majority of cases, this problem occurs only when your belly becomes rather big.
In many cases, a future mother may not even know that she’s snoring until her partner wakes her up during the night or complains about it in the morning.
What is the Reason for Snoring During Pregnancy?
There are several things that may provoke its occurrence:
- Gaining weight. People with an excess of weight are more inclined to have this problem, and not only during pregnancy. It is caused by an additional fat tissue that may prevent you from breathing the way you should breathe. The breathing becomes heavier. You have to breathe more deeply in order to get enough oxygen. A mother, that probably has several excessive kilograms before pregnancy, is likely to gain more excessive weight during the course of pregnancy. Gaining weight during pregnancy is sometimes enough to cause snoring. This also refers to a woman that was rather slim before labor.
- An increase of the blood pressure. The swelling and pressure that you feel in your nose during pregnancy is not just your imagination. It is the way things really are. Irrespective of the fact that hormones shouldn’t influence your sinuses, this is not so. The increasing of estrogen level in your blood may make your breathing worse. During the day, you may not even notice that it’s harder for you to breathe. However, during the nighttime your organism will take control over you and you’ll start breathing in and out through your mouth. This way it will try to get enough of oxygen.
- Colds and allergies. If you’re not pregnant, you may simply buy drugs that help in case of allergy. If you have a cold, there are various recipes and means of medicine that may help you get rid of a stuffy nose. However, since the majority of these drugs is forbidden to take during pregnancy, there is nothing left but just get through it patiently.
- A sleep disorder is one more reason for the occurrence of snoring. Because of hormonal and emotional changes that happen in your organism during pregnancy, sleep disorder may occur. Drinking something that contains caffeine or alcohol may also influence your sleep negatively.
How to Treat Snoring?
In order to get rid of snoring during pregnancy you need to do the following:
- Even though there is nothing surprising in the fact that you gain weight during pregnancy, it is not a good excuse for not treating snoring and go on eating any products you like. It’ll be better if you cut down on eating fat products. Of course, you need to consult your doctor beforehand.
- Instead of sleeping on your back, try sleeping on your left or right side.
- Let your head be a bit higher. You do this with the help of a higher pillow or you may put under your pillow something. This way you’ll breathe better.
- Do not use sedative means or sleeping pills.
- Avoid smoking during the course of pregnancy.
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeine containing drinks during pregnancy.
Means that Can Help You Get Rid of Snoring During Pregnancy
There is some easy things that if you do may be helpful:
- Have a walk regularly. Walk in the morning and in the evening. This way your breathing will become better.
- Do breathing exercises regularly.
- Try taking in 2 full teaspoons of olive oil before you go to bed. This will help you fighting against snoring.
- Before going to sleep, apply special nose strips on the nose. This way the nose meatus will always be open. This will help you having a constant flow of air during the night. Consult your doctor in order to find out about how you should use them.
- In some cases, it may be possible to use standard means of fighting with a stuffy nose.