Pregnancy Symptoms During the First Month
Previously we have talked about the first signs, which help to define pregnancy in the early stages. Although, the exact diagnostic should be made by a gynecologist, by these symptoms a woman can make a preliminary conclusion. However, note that most of early signs are deceptive.
In addition to the typical pregnancy signs, there may appear some other symptoms, as follows:
- Breast soreness. Beginning from the second week of pregnancy, you may feel the changes in your breast. The breasts may become swollen, hypersensitive and even sore. This occurs due to the work of hormones. There may appear visible veins on the breast area.
- Darkening of the areolas. Due to the preparation of breast for future feeding, the skin around nipples (areolas) may darken. In the later period of pregnancy, the breast may secrete colostrum.
- Morning sickness. Beginning from the second week of pregnancy, morning sickness can manifest itself from mild nausea to severe vomiting. It occurs mostly in the morning, but may continue throughout the day.
- Heightened sense of smell. You may suddenly become sick of your favorite smells, but start loving the smells of gasoline or shoe polish.
- Pains in the sacrum area are familiar to many pregnant women. This symptom may bother you due to the tension in the circular muscles of the uterus because of its rapid growth during pregnancy.
- Frequent urination. It is a natural symptom of pregnancy, which occurs as the fetus starts growing and puts pressure on the bladder. In addition, the increased metabolism activates the work of kidney.
- Swollen hands. It may occur in early pregnancy due to the detention of salts and fluids in the body. However, this symptom commonly appears to a small extent.
- Implantation bleeding. This is a rare symptom, which may occur after a fertilized egg has attached itself to the uterine wall. On the 6-10 day after fertilization, a woman may notice slight pink discharge and feel cramping pains that have nothing to do with menstruation.
- In the first weeks of pregnancy, your chronic diseases may aggravate. In these cases, it is necessary to coordinate the treatment with the gynecologist.
So, if you have at least one of these symptoms, you are recommended to make a test for the accurate definition of pregnancy. Although, these signs are typical for early pregnancy, the exact determination of conception should be made by the specialist. If your test shows a positive result, visit your gynecologist as soon as possible for making a survey and preventing the possible complications.
Remember that the first weeks of pregnancy are most significant for a woman and a baby. In this period, the main organs of the fetus are forming, and a woman is getting used to her new condition. Pay attention to your sensations and the occurring changes in your body. Try to make you feel comfortable in the state of pregnancy and keep your baby in the most favorable conditions.