- 6 Month Old Baby Weight
- Skills of a 6 Month Old Baby
- 6 Month Old Development and Toys
- Babbling and Speech of a 6 Month Old Baby
- Health of the Six Month Old: First Tooth
- Physical Exercises for 6 Month Old Babies
- What to Do if a Child does not Like Bottle Feeding?
- What to Do if Your Baby Wakes up Early?
- First Teeth Brushing
6 Month Old Baby
Your baby is six months old. He is about to sit, he tries to stand up, hopping to dance and drag your hair.
6 Month Old Baby Weight
Height and weight of your 6-month old baby. What is the weight of a baby in hid six month of life?
For this month, your baby will gain 650 grams on average and will grow for 2 cm high.
Skills of a 6 Month Old Baby:
- - rolls from back to abdomen;
- - grabs a toy at any position and change hands when handling it;
- - grasps an object in its palm;
- - has a meal using a cup and a spoon;
- - tries to sit;
- - tries to get on his feet, making his way to the footboard;
- - attempts to walk on all fours.
6 Month Old Development and Toys
Games and toys for six-month babies
In his first six month of life, a baby needs more freedom to develop new skills. From now and then, you may play on the floor. Use a ball, a whipping top, ring stacker and its first construction kits. Definitely, a 6-month-old cannot erect the set on his own but he can manipulate grouped objects. He will absolutely like the game when he waits for the game end to get the secret of these colorful rings and the stacker.
At this age, a child will like to manipulate various objects. He gets to know the world by touch.
A child of this age may like handling things changing hands and examining them. It is funny but the child can grasp objects in any position. As a five-month-old, he could grasp things when they appear at the level of its chest.
Specialists recommend that infants of this age need games aimed at comprehension of association between objects. For example, you may want to tie a ribbon around the musical tumbler. Attach a plastic ring to the ribbon end. Keep the toy within the reach of an infant. When he pulls the ring, the ribbon will unwind and the tumbler will sound. This is the hint for the baby that something happens.
Though you are recommended that you speak and play with a child for as long as possible, he needs some “personal” time for his own experiments and rest upon active experience.
Babbling and Speech of a 6 Month Old Baby
Six month is the perfect period to develop social skills in children: they smile, laugh, scream and communicate in different way. They are easy to share joy and happiness with people around. Try to teach your baby simple ways of greeting and other social behavior actions like waving-off, blowing a kiss and thanking for something.
On their six months, children normally start babbling. Unlike cooing, this is more complicated way to express feelings. A child combines sounds in syllables and sings them. He usually performs best in the mornings, as soon as he wakes up. He tries to say “Ba-ba-ba, ma-ma-ma” and strains ears to his vice.
A child is able to identify things. If you ask: “Where is your teddy bear?”, a child will coo and look at the toy.
Health of the Six Month Old: First Tooth
As a rule, the teething period starts when a child is six months old. The lower central incisor is the first to come through. Sometimes, two incisors start to teethe.
During the teething period a child feels his gums itching. The itching is so strong that any parent is striving to help.
Teething problems cause a child rub by his face, touch and pull ears. In some cases, the child may develop the runny nose.
In addition, the teething period may be followed by high body temperature and sometimes children get more sensitive to infections. However, teething is not the thing that always provokes such conditions. Anyway, any parent should go to see the proper health care specialist.
Physical Exercises for 6 Month Old Babies
1. Arms and wrists Lay a child on his back. Let him grasp your thumbs. Gently fix his palms at the wrist. Bend hands towards shoulders by turns and back to initial position (stretched). Repeat several times. 2. Sitting down Initial position – lying on the back. Let the child grab your right thumb with his left hand. Pull the child’s hand aside and stretch it and pull his right hand on. Gently and slightly raise a child. When he stands upright, draw a line with your finger along the child’s column bottom-up. 3. Lifting A child holds to your thumbs. Pull his stretched hands aside and lift them to the head at the level of ears. A child will lift his head up and back. Make sure your child rests with his legs to your stomach and raise him a little until he is on bended knees.
What to Do if a Child does not Like Bottle Feeding?
Children do not normally tend to change breastfeeding for bottle feeding. There are several ways to bottle train a child:
- - bottle feed when he is hungry;
- - choose bottles of the similar shape as the breast with slow flow rate. Since the child worked hard to suck out the milk for half a year, your child will not like freely running milk;
- - hide your breast when bottle feeding your child;
- - a bottle is not a toy. Make sure your child understand it. If you feed him in the game-like behavior, he will never ever get used to a bottle as to the feeding source.
What to Do if Your Baby Wakes up Early?
By 4 a.m. or 5 a.m. your child can get enough sleep to feel vigorous and playful. To get him used to sleep longer, hang solid curtains on your windows to avoid the sun wake him up. Put your child to bed a little later for an hour or so. Close the window. Children often wake up when they recognize first street noises made by birds chirping, street cleaners or garbage trucks.
If your child is used to have breakfast early, the hunger is what wakes him up and when he is full, he can fall asleep again. Avoid keeping to such regimen. Try to serve a heavier supper two hours prior to putting him to bed and when he is in bed, give him a glass of yogurt or clabber. Avoid using fat-free food.
You should have learned the time when your child wakes up. Watch this moment: you may slightly tap on his thigh or sing a song or swing the cradle. Soon, he will get used to waking up and falling asleep on his own.
First Teeth Brushing
Take care of your child’s teeth since the time they appear. Otherwise, you are at the risk to learn what the nursing bottle caries is. This is specific tooth black stain on first 4 to 6 teeth. Children who are let to sleep with the bottle in the mouth are more often subject to this syndrome.
Lots of means are offered to day by pharmacies to clean first teeth in children like foam or tissues. You don’t need any toothpaste for now. You may also rub or in chamomile extract.